account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

can't set wallpaper pics without cropping anymore.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

can't set wallpaper pics without cropping anymore.

So I bought my Xperia Z3 last week and I was able to set any picture as wallpaper without cropping it, but then I had to reset my phone to factory settings and since then I haven't been able to do it again, I have to crop the picture yes or yes, and this is very frustrating.
Does anyone know what happened?
10 REPLIES 10
Emperor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: can't set wallpaper pics without cropping anymore.

Perhaps the photos were the size needed but out of all my Xperias you have to crop the pictures

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Not really, because I was able to use any picture size and there was no need to crop. I don't know what did I move or what happened.
Emperor
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Are you using a different home launcher?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Nope, it's the regular Xperia home, the one that scrolls with the picture. It's very weird, because like I said I was able to use any picture and it would adapt it so I didn't have to crop it, but since I had to reset my phone, that was gone, and yes, all updates were installed before this.
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Update stock photo editor
Rookie
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Everything is up to date. This is really frustrating.
Emperor
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

@alexdon @Thommo

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall not having to crop the picture to use it as a wallpaper

Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

I remember having to crop in the past, not sure on what circumstances this was different.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Forum Legend
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

I've always had the crop options appear

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman