account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Home Auto Rotate?

SOLVED
Learner
Message 51 of 59
Message 51 of 59

Re: Xperia Home Auto Rotate?

today it's upgrade xperia x Home version 10.0.B.0.51 its included this feture home screen rotation

Sage
Message 52 of 59
Message 52 of 59

And what about home on Z5 series?
Apprentice
Message 53 of 59
Message 53 of 59

Landscape home-screen

With my Z2 it is possible to get the home-screen in landscape when you tilt the phone, with my x performance it seems this is gone... WHY?
Learner
Message 54 of 59
Message 54 of 59

I just lost the ability to auto rotate on my Xperia Xpro,
Worked before the update, but now nothing will auto rotate!! Any clues??
Visitor
Message 55 of 59
Message 55 of 59

Hi all, in conjunction with the other posters I to have the no auto rotate option with the home screen. I have the latest version software installed, had to use repair function via the computer a couple of days ago and now there doesn't appear to be the option to auto rotate the home screen to landscape. Whilst this may not be a massive issue for the majority it is causing me a problem as I cannot use the pull down function in portrait mode due to slight damage to the screen at the top of the phone.
Does support actually read these posts? Also online assistance is no help either.

Thanks in advance.
Visitor
Message 56 of 59
Message 56 of 59

Sorry should have added I'm using model D6603
Rookie
Message 57 of 59
Message 57 of 59

We shouldn't need a third party app to do something an OLD MODEL WOULD DO JUST FINE.
One time poster
Message 58 of 59
Message 58 of 59

Z5 Compact home screen

Hello,

My Z3 compact has Home version 55, which allow home screen rotation.

My Z5 compact has version 31 which does not.

How do I update my Home in my Z5 compact?

Thanks.

Learner
Message 59 of 59
Message 59 of 59

Re: Z5 Compact home screen

Hello,

In case this helps, this is how I enalbed auto-rotation on my (quite old) Z3 compact that is running the latest version (Build number 23.5.A.1.291):

1) Find some free space on you home screen(s). If there is none, temporarilly remove an icon so that yo make some space.

2) Tap and HOLD somewhere on you home screen, then lift your finger. The screen should screen to allow you to edit icons and a "Settings" icon should appear on the bottom right 

3) Tap on "Settings"

4) Under layout, make sure the slider next to "Auto-rotation" is in the ON position (slide it to the right if you need to).

Now press the home button and rotate your phone into landscape mode: the home screen should rotate whether the phone is docked or not.