account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Home Auto Rotate?

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 41 of 59
Message 41 of 59

Home screen settings Sony Xperia c4 dual problems

Halo my name ia Aditya... I'm from Indonesia... I have a problem... My Xperia c4 dual can't home landscape mode... Please help me for the solution... But i hope you can speak bahasa so i can understand for your solution... Terima kasih (Thank you)
RTN
Learner
Message 42 of 59
Message 42 of 59

Re: Xperia Home Auto Rotate?

This happened just a few minutes ago. I plugged my Z5 E6653 32.1.A.1.185 on my generic MHL cable and the homescreen went into landscape mode. I went to an app and then when I returned to the homescreen it went back to portrait mode and wouldn't return to landscape no matter what I did. I tried unplugging and returning the cable, tilting the phone, shaking it, dipping it in water (okay so not the last one), but it would not return to landscape mode. I am now wondering if there is a way for the homescreen to be fooled into thinking it's connected to a dock in order to enable landscape mode?
RTN
Learner
Message 43 of 59
Message 43 of 59

BTW I am running Home version 10.0.A.0.8
Sage
Message 44 of 59
Message 44 of 59

@RTN

Do you want to smile?

Local support replied to my question, about the rotation of the home screen, stating that it's not possible by design of the operating system.

Is funny to see how the local support is skilled, isn't it?

RTN
Learner
Message 45 of 59
Message 45 of 59

LOL how could that be when my homescreen just went on landscape in front of me one time? I guess Sony does not intend to provide support at all. It's a wonder their mobile phone business is not doing well. And here I am throwing money at them hoping to support what WAS (ie Z3c) an excellent product, expecting two iterations later (ie Z5) to be a step forward and not two steps back. I wish I can load the Z3 homescreen on a Z5.
One time poster
Message 46 of 59
Message 46 of 59

Hi, i'm John from The Netherlands, and i just installed the new Marshmallow 6.0 update on my phone, and i can't use the landscape settings on my homescreen anymore, and its good to see i'm not the only one out there who has the same problem, lets hope this isseu is getting fixed, otherwised, Sony forces me to switch to another smartphone brand who does support this option.

One time poster
Message 47 of 59
Message 47 of 59

I'm running Home 10.0.A.0.28 version on my Z3, and it's not auto-rotating any more when i docked it to a live magnetic charger.

please fix the issue as I'm looking silly turning my head around just to read the text! Nerd Face

Commissioner
Message 48 of 59
Message 48 of 59

Sony listens...XperiaBlog has revealed that beta version of Xperia Home launcher with build number 10.0.A.0.53 will bring back Auto Rotate when it's released. So be patient. It's coming back soon.
Commissioner
Message 49 of 59
Message 49 of 59

it has been released yesterday, but in landscpae mode it's buggy. worse that previous versions with landscape mode

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Enthusiast
Message 50 of 59
Message 50 of 59

Hi,

can confirm this, there is a new beta for the launcher bringing back auto rotation. Still buggy, but worth a try. You can install it on the Z series and the X series (at least what I tried)