account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Home Auto Rotate?

SOLVED
Message 21 of 59
Message 21 of 59

Re: Auto rotate home screen

@ganesh_84s Read this thread.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 22 of 59
Message 22 of 59

Re: Xperia Home Auto Rotate?

My mother M4 Aqua has auto rotate option on home screen options but my Z5 compact has not ? Why is that ?

Message 23 of 59
Message 23 of 59

@spwaw Not sure about M4 aqua, perhaps it has the older xperia home meant for other devices that also have a dock.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 24 of 59
Message 24 of 59

To resolve the issue of having no home screen rotation on the Sony Xperia Z5 there is a workaround.

I had the same frustration and although I'm unable to get it running as smoothly as before with the stock option there is a way to get most of what you need. I used my Z2 as a sat nav in landscape mode in the car, so wanted to keep the functionality on my Z5. I contacted Sony and there's no official workaround, however if you follow the steps below you'll get close.

1. On one of your blank home screens add the apps and widgets you want to be able to see in landscape mode, but leave the top and bottom rows clear. For me I wanted to use this function whilst driving, so it included Music, Maps, Voice search and key contact shortcuts.
2. Install 'Rotation - An Orientation Manager' out of Play Store.
3. Set up you basic preferences in the app. You'll notice now you get the rotation you want, except on the home screens you haven't set up as explained above the icons on the top and bottom rows will be obscured.
4. Generally speaking you'll now have what you need, except you'll notice the camera app doesn't work as intended.
5. To fix the camera issue go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Advanced algorithm > Permission and allow 'Rotation' usage access.
6. Then, Settings > Per App Settings > Camera and deselect the toggle, so the camera is exempt from rotation.

From here you should have the option of landscape home screens and a fully functional camera.

I hope this helps!

Message 25 of 59
Message 25 of 59

Xperia Z5 Premium dual (E6833) Home Screen to Rotating

Xperia Z5 Premium connecting to Car Head unit, screen is not rotating. I have Xperia Z (C6602) is working fine and connecting to secondery display it is rotating the screen. But Xperia Z5 Premium E6833 is not rotating the home screen connecting to secondary display like TV, Car Head unit etc.

Emperor
Message 26 of 59
Message 26 of 59

Re: Xperia Z5 Premium dual (E6833) Home Screen to Rotating

@joe.kuzhuppil

It seems that this isn't supported at the moment on the Z5 series.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 27 of 59
Message 27 of 59

What is next???
Rookie
Message 28 of 59
Message 28 of 59

I just got my new Xperia Z5 Premium today and no home rotation, I still have my Xperia Z5 and home screen rotates.... Don't get why the z4 does but the new Z5 doesn't! Makes no sense!
Emperor
Message 29 of 59
Message 29 of 59

@riccie69

Different Xperia Home apps perhaps. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 30 of 59
Message 30 of 59

Hey,

I did post a workaround on this thread, which I use on my Z5. Worth a try.