account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Home Auto Rotate?

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 59
Message 1 of 59

Xperia Home Auto Rotate?

Just noticed that's not possible any more to enable the auto rotation of the Xperia Home? Just got the option to choose between big and small symbols ?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 11 of 59
Message 11 of 59

Re: Xperia Home Auto Rotate?

Got some info on this.For Z5 the option is not there. Probably because there isn't a dock for Z5. But if it will be added I do not know.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

58 REPLIES 58
Talent
Message 2 of 59
Message 2 of 59

Me too,on xperia Z5 just option to choose between big or small symbols. Another phone my Z1 C had this option,to auto rotate the home screen.

Emperor
Message 3 of 59
Message 3 of 59

@sgiesen78 @flo1962

Auto rotate does work but only when it's connected to a Dock, that's the same on the Z series phones (not the tablet). 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 59
Message 4 of 59

But it worked on my Z3, there we had the option.
Emperor
Message 5 of 59
Message 5 of 59

@simong

What option? the home launcher has NOT rotated on the Z series unless it's connected to a Dock. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 6 of 59
Message 6 of 59

@uliwooly There was an update which allowed home screen rotation without dock. It is available on my Z2 on .232.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 7 of 59
Message 7 of 59

and on my Z3 compact, Z3 and brother´s Z2. xperia home 8.1.A.0.14. but it works fine for me

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Emperor
Message 8 of 59
Message 8 of 59

@alexdon I stand corrected, thanks for the headsup

Message 9 of 59
Message 9 of 59

@uliwooly Anytime buddy.

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 59
Message 10 of 59

So is there any chance to report it to Sony Mobile to get that handy feature back on the latest phones?