Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2016-01-02 04:01 PM
@spwaw Not sure about M4 aqua, perhaps it has the older xperia home meant for other devices that also have a dock.
Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.
2016-01-08 04:17 PM
To resolve the issue of having no home screen rotation on the Sony Xperia Z5 there is a workaround.
I had the same frustration and although I'm unable to get it running as smoothly as before with the stock option there is a way to get most of what you need. I used my Z2 as a sat nav in landscape mode in the car, so wanted to keep the functionality on my Z5. I contacted Sony and there's no official workaround, however if you follow the steps below you'll get close.
1. On one of your blank home screens add the apps and widgets you want to be able to see in landscape mode, but leave the top and bottom rows clear. For me I wanted to use this function whilst driving, so it included Music, Maps, Voice search and key contact shortcuts.
2. Install 'Rotation - An Orientation Manager' out of Play Store.
3. Set up you basic preferences in the app. You'll notice now you get the rotation you want, except on the home screens you haven't set up as explained above the icons on the top and bottom rows will be obscured.
4. Generally speaking you'll now have what you need, except you'll notice the camera app doesn't work as intended.
5. To fix the camera issue go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Advanced algorithm > Permission and allow 'Rotation' usage access.
6. Then, Settings > Per App Settings > Camera and deselect the toggle, so the camera is exempt from rotation.
From here you should have the option of landscape home screens and a fully functional camera.
I hope this helps!
2016-01-13 06:13 AM
Xperia Z5 Premium connecting to Car Head unit, screen is not rotating. I have Xperia Z (C6602) is working fine and connecting to secondery display it is rotating the screen. But Xperia Z5 Premium E6833 is not rotating the home screen connecting to secondary display like TV, Car Head unit etc.
2016-01-15 03:45 AM