account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Home Auto Rotate?

SOLVED
Message 11 of 59
Message 11 of 59

Re: Xperia Home Auto Rotate?

Got some info on this.For Z5 the option is not there. Probably because there isn't a dock for Z5. But if it will be added I do not know.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 12 of 59
Message 12 of 59

Xperia Z5 no home screen rotation??

I just purchased my Xperia Z5 to replace my Z3 and noticed the home screen doesn't rotate to landscape as it did with the Z3. This is a definite step backwards Sony.... Slightly frowning Face

Emperor
Message 13 of 59
Message 13 of 59

Re: Xperia Z5 no home screen rotation??

@MaxSteele99

It has been posted before, perhaps a future update will bring this back, does it rotate while connected to a Dock?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 14 of 59
Message 14 of 59

I'm not using a dock... I wouldn't know. I didn't need the dock on the Z3 however. 

Emperor
Message 15 of 59
Message 15 of 59

@MaxSteele99

Yeah, on Z3 the Dock is/was needed until a new update to the Xperia Home was released. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 16 of 59
Message 16 of 59

Could use this app to rotate the screen. like i am doing on my z5. open the app and select auto but note its kinda little glitchyy.

link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=bong.android.androidlock&hl=en

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 59
Message 17 of 59

Z3+ hasn't landscape dock too but has home screen rotation on Android 5.0.2.

Message 18 of 59
Message 18 of 59

The home rotation problem also happens when  the phone is connected to an MHL/Mirror Link car head unit.

My Z3C has worked flawlessly with my Kenwood DDX5901HD.

Now my Z5C shows the home in portrait mode in the middle of the HU screen that is landscape.

When I open apps (like Sygic GPS) it goes to landscape. Thanks God!

There is also a second problem with Smart Connect; I have it set to turn ON Bluetooth when MHL connected. 

But it does do it, if I manually turn it on then it works.

Z3C never failed.

I "upgraded" to Z5C as I was very happy with my Z3C but now I am not liking it... :-(

These things need to be fixed please

Message 19 of 59
Message 19 of 59

I solved my home rotation problem installing a free App called "Apex Launcher". Lots of customisations are possible.

I solved the issue with bluetooth automatic connection to the car head unit by creating a new HDMI/MHL based connection in Smart Connect. The older connection was set to connect to the head unit name that appeared listed there.

Now everything is back to normal.

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 59
Message 20 of 59

Auto rotate home screen

Auto rotate home screen not working in z5 like my z3 and new version of Home update changed it so they bring it back or I should install 3rd party app from playstore?