account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia HOME not responding

Visitor
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Xperia HOME not responding

Hello,

i have a problem with my Z1 compact.

After normal start, phone works 10 seconds and then its frozen. Xperia HOME not responding: Wait or OK?

If I switch phone to a safe mode, the phone normally works, but I do not have all the apps there.

Can i repair this thing via safe mode?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Xperia HOME not responding

@meerec: if the phone works normally in safe mode. it means  an app you installed or updated is causing the problem, you can try to find the app first by uninstalling it or you could software repair using PC Companion

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Visitor
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Thank you, but how can i find THIS application?

I've launched updates for all apps.

I dont know which application makes problem..  

Adviser
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

What is going on with our Z1Cs? I just wanted to create a new topic because the same happens with my Z1C and I saw that there are many people with same problems.

Software repair in PC Companion doesn't solve the issue so it could be an app... I even considered to get a new motherboard...

Visitor
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Are you working only on safe mode, too?

Adviser
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Yes, everything is fine in safe mode.

Here people claim that FB app causes the issue and uninstalling it seems the solution, but I didn't test it yet. At first I will reinstall whole system.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

I've uninstalled all the apps I had recently updated. Facebook was among them. And now everything is good and works. Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

The problem is definitely Facebook. It started happening after a recent update. I have now uninstalled and reinstalled it twice but the problem persists. Now having to access Facebook via the browser.