account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Step up your Launcher Game

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Step up your Launcher Game

I love Sony and I love android. I think to really approach costumers not familiar with the brand, a refreshed browser UX would be necessary. I read three reviews about the XZ1 and all of them said the Launcher is completely out of date. I think it's not enough to have Oreo, the software needs to be up to date as well. I think most users won't change their launchers. 

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Step up your Launcher Game

@JuliusKoroll

Don't forget to send your feedback to Sony >>> Local support, it will be wise to post the links to the articles that you are referring to. 

Also, keep in mind that Sony's take on Android its quite close to Vanilla Android. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I've sent my feedback, however Sony launcher is quite far from stock Android. It may have been close to the stock one at some point, but it seems to have diverged.

Forexample, it does not properly implement application shortcuts (and long-press is mapped to uninstall mode, but the "X" badges don't get displayed on XZ1, possibly due to a bug), which works as expected in AOSP images.

On several occasions I had the launcher forgetting the orientation setting and kept rotating. So yes, this piece of software needs fixing.

Pioneer
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @eniweb, i.e. me, and topic starter/moderators.

Updating this thread because surprise, surprise, the launcher that ships with 47.1.A.2.374 fixes (10.2.A.4.0):

• Long press on both app drawer and home screen cause shortcuts to appear, once you start moving the icon - that's when setting shortcuts is handled, so a proper action under Oreo.
  • Launcher no longer rotates when not configured to.

I suggest resolving this thread (since my separate one got merged into this one, I believe).

No longer using XZ1C