account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Icon appearence

Learner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Icon appearence

Hello all, ı have z5 compact cellphone. After nouget 7 upgrading icon appearance could be changed to round type like Xperia X type. But mistakely ı got changed it to default type which is square type. Any advise to change it to Xperia X type plase. Thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Icon appearence

@Yemre This should help you:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Home/Folder-shape-changed-after-software-repair/m-p/1188622#U1...

Use a different theme.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

I did your advise but same situation is occurred. The shape hasn't changed to rounded
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

@Yemre Have you also performed the repair? What theme did you use, default black?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

I used the Xperia ™ theme which is colorful one.
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

@Yemre Have you tried to download xperia icon pack?

Learner
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

I haven't, because ı don't know where I should download from.  

Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Try here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/z5-premium/general/xperia-x-icon-pack-root-t3331275

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Ok I have installed 7.1.1 on z5 compact. 

The home screen icons are round edged. And I want to know how to change them back to their original shape eg square 

If I check the icon appearance option in the home settings all I have available is default. 

Is there a way to enable the options for round or square etcScreenshot_20170701-093550.png