account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to get the Google search bar back on the Main Home Screen?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 31 of 50
Message 31 of 50

Re: Transparent Google Search bar has gone!

EddyJ, happened to me too, got it back via the Apex Launcher. Go to Apex Settings | Home screen settings then scroll down to UI Options. You'll see "Show Persistent Search Bar" as one of the options. Choose "Always" and you're back in business.

One time poster
Message 32 of 50
Message 32 of 50

Re: How to get the Google search bar back on the Main Home Screen?

Please put my Google bar back on the front page
One time poster
Message 33 of 50
Message 33 of 50

So basically what I did after reading a few comments was long tap then clicked on the widgets app and while in the widgets app at the bottom of screen, scroll right until you find the long search bar for google click on that and place where you want on phone Slightly smiling Face hope that helps 

One time poster
Message 34 of 50
Message 34 of 50

Hi,

Don'tknow if you fixed this, but it all comes down to the Google App. Make sure your Google App (Colored G logo) is enabled! Then go to your widgets and the search bar will appear. 

Additionally, If you are a fan of the Google Launcher, make sure you download it... However, it will only work if you Enable the Google App and restart the phone then select the Google Launcher. 

Had to go through some forums to figure this one out cus I was also struggling... Hope this helps! 

One time poster
Message 35 of 50
Message 35 of 50

how to bring google search or any other app in android os

1. press and hold an empty space on a widget panel.
  2. In the pop-menu, tap Add apps and widgets.
  3. Tap > Widgets.
  4. Scroll through the widgets, or tap to search for a specific widget.

Some widgets are available in different styles and sizes.

5. Press and hold and then drag the widget to a widget panel you want to add it to.
You can also add widgets that allow you to quickly switch on or off certain settings such as Wi‍-Fi and Bluetooth.
One time poster
Message 36 of 50
Message 36 of 50

I need the Google icon bar back on my home screen

One time poster
Message 37 of 50
Message 37 of 50

@actiontof wrote:

Hi Folks,

I removed the Google search bar from the main Home Screen and now I can´t get it back. I can add it as a normal widget on every homescreen, but not at the top point of the main Home Screen, where it was before. I remember, that there was a notification where to activate it again, but I don´t find it anymore. Thanks for your help!

Device: Z3 Compact

Device samsung galaxy s6plus

One time poster
Message 38 of 50
Message 38 of 50

I must confess I am a duffer on phones and computers but I luckily solved this problem on my S7. The search bar often disappears after an update  I go to settings, display, easy mode, set as standard mode then press done. This also increases the number of apps you can get on a page to 16.hope this helps. 

One time poster
Message 39 of 50
Message 39 of 50

@actiontof wrote:

That´s why a opened a ticket to get a support person to this thread. But in the meantime a very helpful little bird tweeted me proper solution and I guess it was the one from the text box.

Just go to Settings -> Apps -> Xperia Home and press 'Clear data'.

This will kill all your homescreens and set them back to default. But rearranging them is far more easy then resetting the whole phone. I hope this works for you as well, Alastair.

Thanks a lot, pagge!

Edit: And that´s when the cavalry shows up... Thanks, Rickard!

V__
Apprentice
Message 40 of 50
Message 40 of 50

@actiontof wrote:

Hi Folks,

I removed the Google search bar from the main Home Screen and now I can´t get it back. I can add it as a normal widget on every homescreen, but not at the top point of the main Home Screen, where it was before. I remember, that there was a notification where to activate it again, but I don´t find it anymore. Thanks for your help!

Device: Z3 Compact

sketch-1505032047792.png