account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to get the Google search bar back on the Main Home Screen?

SOLVED
Learner
Message 11 of 50
Message 11 of 50

Re: How to get the Google search bar back on the Main Home Screen?

I can't remember exactly. I think it was a long tap and then a mistaken tap on an 'X' in a corner and it was gone......

The work around is to long tap the home/house icon which on my Z3c pops up to choices to slide to, 'What's new' and 'Google'. Select 'Google' and your into the 'OK Google' bit.

But I really want to put the search line back at the top of the screen. However it's looking like a 'reset' issue...Face with rolling Eyes

Regular
Message 12 of 50
Message 12 of 50

Did you reset your phone already? Did it work? I will not have time for it before the weekend.

Learner
Message 13 of 50
Message 13 of 50

I haven't re-set yet. I was rather hoping for a technical person would pop in a reply that solves it....

I'll let you know if I do but it's a long process as setting up the phone as I want it has taken 3 days.....

Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 50
Message 14 of 50

There's no need to reset the entire phone, you only need to reset the home screen to default settings. You can do that from Settings -> Apps -> All -> Xperia Home -> Clear data -> OK.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 15 of 50
Message 15 of 50

That´s why a opened a ticket to get a support person to this thread. But in the meantime a very helpful little bird tweeted me proper solution and I guess it was the one from the text box.

Just go to Settings -> Apps -> Xperia Home and press 'Clear data'.

This will kill all your homescreens and set them back to default. But rearranging them is far more easy then resetting the whole phone. I hope this works for you as well, Alastair.

Thanks a lot, pagge!

Edit: And that´s when the cavalry shows up... Thanks, Rickard!

Learner
Message 16 of 50
Message 16 of 50

Thanks that's a great fix.

May I suggest, if you have this problem, before you re-set the screens, take screen shots of each page so you can recreate your screens as before. I forgot.... 

One time poster
Message 17 of 50
Message 17 of 50

Me too

One time poster
Message 18 of 50
Message 18 of 50

Just got my new Z3 and had the same issue. Don't usually leave feedback on these things but gotta pay credit when credit is due....nicely done sony support. All u gotta do now is sort out the foxtel go app problem and uve got a customer for life!!
Sony Xperia Support
Message 19 of 50
Message 19 of 50

Glad i could help Slightly smiling Face

I looked at Foxtel Go and it looks like they only provide this app for certain Samsung products? I'm afraid this is not something that we can solve from our end. Which devices that that download an app is controlled by the developer of the app.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 20 of 50
Message 20 of 50