account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

How to get the Google search bar back on the Main Home Screen?

SOLVED
Regular
Message 1 of 50
Message 1 of 50

How to get the Google search bar back on the Main Home Screen?

Hi Folks,

I removed the Google search bar from the main Home Screen and now I can´t get it back. I can add it as a normal widget on every homescreen, but not at the top point of the main Home Screen, where it was before. I remember, that there was a notification where to activate it again, but I don´t find it anymore. Thanks for your help!

Device: Z3 Compact

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 50
Message 14 of 50

Re: How to get the Google search bar back on the Main Home Screen?

There's no need to reset the entire phone, you only need to reset the home screen to default settings. You can do that from Settings -> Apps -> All -> Xperia Home -> Clear data -> OK.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

49 REPLIES 49
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 50
Message 2 of 50

Long tap on the home screen then when a box appears select Widgets then scroll through them and when you find it simply tap on it

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Regular
Message 3 of 50
Message 3 of 50

Sorry, maybe I was not clear enough. I do not mean the standard widget. That would work totally fine, as I have mentioned (and your descriptions says). But my Z3 Compact had this widget (a bit smaller in size, if I remember correctly) on top of the main Home Screen. And that area is not accessable with the normal widget.

The notification box - which I needed to untick - told me how to get it back up there. But I can´t find it anymore. Thanks, Thommo!

Regular
Message 4 of 50
Message 4 of 50

A Picture may help. I mean the widget marked as 1. I can´t get it back up there. Instead the dots marked as 2. are now on the top.

z3chs.png

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 50
Message 5 of 50

Before I can see your image a Moderator needs to authorise it - So if you could host the image and post the link to it then I'll be able to see what you mean

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Message 6 of 50
Message 6 of 50

You can try to use google launcher and see how it is.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 7 of 50
Message 7 of 50

@Thommo: if it is not visible yet: http://imgur.com/qRrdGsN

@alexdon: The Google Launcher would replace the Experia launcher? I just want it back as it was before. I guess, there must be a way.

Thank you!

Message 8 of 50
Message 8 of 50

I know that with the google launcher you should get it there.I do not know why if you add a widget it won't go up there.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 9 of 50
Message 9 of 50

I've got the same problem, been searching around the web and my Z3c but can't find how to do it.

All I want is to put the Google search bar back at the top of the screen where it appears on every page.  It is not the widget!  That takes up space on the main page area. The search bar I want back is right at the top of the page, it appears in most of the promo pictures of the Z3c

Please help this is so frustrating! Thanks 

Regular
Message 10 of 50
Message 10 of 50

Hi Alastair,

how did you remove the search bar in the first place? Long tap and then unticking the box? Did you remember by any chance, what the text box said?

I didn´t try the google now launcher yet, as proposed by alexdon. But that sounds more like a replacement of the Xperia Launcher rather than a solution to our problem.

Cheers