account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

How do I get back the old Xperia Home Launcher from Lollipop?

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

How do I get back the old Xperia Home Launcher from Lollipop?

Hi,

I upgraded my Xperia Z3 to the latest Marshmallow, everything seems good except the new xperia home launcher.

The new launcher seems very barebone and lacks many features that were found in the old launcher.

Things missing are landscape mode, side drawer in app drawer that hides the ugly search bar, with shortcuts to what's new and google play.

The new launcher also unnecessary enter full screen mode in the app drawer and hides the status bar on top (WHY?)

It also prevents me from removing the ugly search bar in the app drawer.

Please bring the old launcher back

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I get back the old Xperia Home Launcher from Lollipop?

You can't, check the PlayStore for other alternatives.
Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

This is bad. Upgraded OS with a downgraded launcher.

Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

3 weeks and there is no official response from Sony.

Come to think of it,  if the solution is asking customer to check playstore for alternative,

it is like asking your customer to go to your competitor because you all screwed up the product.

my 2 cents.