account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Home Screen app (10.2.A.2.80) - no vibration on touch!

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Home Screen app (10.2.A.2.80) - no vibration on touch!

Today (02.11.2017) i have updated on Android 6.0.1 the Home Screen app to the latest version. (10.2.A.2.80)

I have no vibration at all on the screen!

Before this, no matter where i was in the menu, either in Contacts, either in Settings, every time i pressed something (either a key or a section on screen, or a menu or sub-menu) my phone was vibrating on touch. On unlocking the phone i had vibration on click on pin, now it's gone. Why...?

With this new version of HomeScreen app, vibration stopped!

The vibration takes place only when keyboard is involved, but this is not ok!

Please bring it back, or somehow give me the possibility to uninstall this version of Home Screen, to revert to previous version.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home Screen app (10.2.A.2.80) - no vibration on touch!

@Kiu_RO which phone do you use and what software version are you running (Settings > About phone > Build number)?

is "vibrate on touch" in Settings > Sounds & notifications > Other sounds enabled?

go to Support app > Tools > Diagnostics > Test > Vibration. does the vibration sensor work for you?  

is your phone rooted?
have you always used Xperia Home launcher or have you downloaded a 3rd party launcher in the past?

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hello, najodleglejszy,

which phone do you use and what software version are you running = 23.5.A.1.291

is "vibrate on touch" in Settings > Sounds & notifications > Other sounds enabled? = yes

go to Support app > Tools > Diagnostics > Test > Vibration. does the vibration sensor work for you? = yes

is your phone rooted? = no

have you always used Xperia Home launcher or have you downloaded a 3rd party launcher in the past? = ONLY Hxperia Home launcher, never in the past something else...

Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@Kiu_RO thanks for the replies.

I have to say, I find it weird that you've had your phone vibrate when touching any menu or submenu. Xperia Home can't really modify vibration behaviour on lockscreen, in Settings, or in any other app. I don't think I've ever seen a setting like that on any Sony phone. have you been using some kind of third party app or accessibility in order to do that?