account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Font size on homescreen becomes bigger.

Rookie
Message 21 of 34
Message 21 of 34

Large folder text issue

Since the last update of Xperia software on my Z3 compact i have uncovered a bug that i can reproduce. If i take a photo with the screen locked by holding down the camera button, when i unlock my phone all the text on my home screen folders go larger than normal and i have to hold the folder with a long finger press as if i'm going to move it then cancel the action to resolve and put the text back to normal size. Not a big deal but an annoyance more than anything.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 22 of 34
Message 22 of 34

Re: Large folder text issue

Hi @Mdstone, so sorry to hear that. Slightly frowning Face

I tried replicating it using an Xperia Z3 Compact and I was not able to do so while following your steps. What I did was I set a screen lock (PIN), then locked the device and used the Camera Quick start (camera button), snapped a photo and then pressed the home button and unlocked the device. The Home screen folder text was left unchanged. Did I follow the correct steps in order to recreate the behaviour?

Just to make sure, are you using the pre-installed Xperia Home launcher? If so, could you try clearing data for the app under Settings > Apps > Menu (3 dots in the top right) > Show system > Xperia Home > Storage > Clear data? This will unfortunately reset the layout that you've set on your Home screen and other settings you've set for it, but it may help in preventing the behaviour you're experiencing.

Let me know how it went! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 23 of 34
Message 23 of 34

Re: Font size on homescreen becomes bigger.

Follow this procedure. I managed to do it 3 times in a row but it doesn't do it every time. I have a pattern unlock if this makes any difference?

With phone in sleep wake by holding down camera button and take a photo.

Press Home button on screen then unlock from pattern swipe.

Folder text is now larger than normal
Regular
Message 24 of 34
Message 24 of 34

I have this bug, and its so annoying. Every time I use the dedicated camera button the font and icons are a mess. Can someone at Sony please give a clear answer as to when this issue will have a fix. Thanks
Enthusiast
Message 25 of 34
Message 25 of 34

Home screen font changing

When I start camera from lock screen or when screen is of and when I shot some pictures or use camera in any way and then turn off my screen for a few minutes and when I turn on screen and unlock my phone homescreen font becomes large but everything else is ok.. This is weird bug and I expect a fix on later software updates..
Emperor
Message 26 of 34
Message 26 of 34

Re: Home screen font changing

@Amar17

take screenshots or screenrecord this and post the pictures here, or upload the screen recording to youtube and post the link here. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 27 of 34
Message 27 of 34

One time poster
Message 28 of 34
Message 28 of 34

Text size on home screen

Hello, 

My text size on apps on home screen randomly get bigger. 

This is only on the home screens and not in menu... Any ideas? 

Thanks 

KMG
One time poster
Message 29 of 34
Message 29 of 34

Problem with increasing font size

The problem is that if the camera is opened on the locked device, then after unlocking the device, the font on the desktop grows, and the device reboots to a reduced font
Screenshot_20170616-153752.png

Before opening the camera

Screenshot_20170616-153614.png

After opening the camera

Text translated by moderator using Google Translate.

Forum Legend
Message 30 of 34
Message 30 of 34

Re: Problem with increasing font size

hi, can you try to clear cache of Xperia home launcher.

settings>apps>show system apps> Xperia hOme>clear data then restart your device....

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling