account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Font size on homescreen becomes bigger.

Message 11 of 34
Message 11 of 34

Re: Font Enlarging

@Shoryagoshal Similar to this?

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Home/Font-size-on-homescreen-becomes-bigger/m-p/1171419#M691

If not, you could check if the same occurs in safe mode.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 12 of 34
Message 12 of 34

Big letters under icons after using quick camera

Hi

I have an issue with letters under icons (ex. Icon and name of the app under it) on the screen, after i use the button for taking a quick photo when the screen is locked. I mean - i have locked phone, i want to take a picture so i press the camera button for 2sec. and then phone swithes to camera (still is locked) i take a picture and then stop using phone. After i reuse phone (unlock it) i see big names of apps under icons instead of normal. I need to hold the main screen and then go to its settings and repush the "small icons" option. Any ideas?

M.
Forum Legend
Message 13 of 34
Message 13 of 34

Re: Big letters under icons after using quick camera

hi, can you try to replicate the steps while you are on safe mode?

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Adviser
Message 14 of 34
Message 14 of 34

Yes, it happens also in safe mode. I remember that it wasnt before becouse in the end of August i was on holiday and took a lot of pictures using the camera button to unlock phone for taking a picture and i didnt notice it at that time. It has to came with one od maintaince update.
Forum Legend
Message 15 of 34
Message 15 of 34

i can't seem to replicate the problem, have you tried changing themes? or using another Icon packs?

if it wont be too much of an inconvenience you can try to perform software repair using Xperia Companion

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Adviser
Message 16 of 34
Message 16 of 34

Tried both (theme, icons) doesnt work. Ive noticed that all i need is to hold finger on screen that it goes into personalisation (witgets, themes, settings, etc) and cancel it to go to normal main screen. Then the descriptions under icons goes normal. The fixed icons on bottom of main screen (which doesnt slide) they dont change size of descriptions they are normal all the time. Only those on sliding main screen.

I will try companion mode if it doesnt hurt my personal data on the phone (mails, sms etc).
Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 34
Message 17 of 34

Hi @Nuttie, it seems your post was merged with this topic.

We are aware of this and it will be fixed in an upcoming version of Xperia Home. Slightly smiling Face

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 18 of 34
Message 18 of 34

Font on homescreen changes

Since the last update the fonts under the apps on the homescreen is changing from small to big and I have no idea why. When I try to change the font from small to big and from big to small it is okay again but sometimes I have to restart the phone to get to the normal font size. It annoys me because it happens again and again, no matter how often I restart and I don't know why it happens and how to get rid of it
Regular
Message 19 of 34
Message 19 of 34

Home Icons & Text Size Bug on Marshmallow

Ive just received a recent replacement handset from Sony with latest Mm software. Version. 291 I think.

Every time I use the dedicated camera button to launch the camera my home page font / text changes size, it gets much larger.

It's a pain in the rear. Is it just my phone or is this a common bug? Any ideas on solving?

Thanks
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 20 of 34
Message 20 of 34

Re: Home Icons & Text Size Bug on Marshmallow

There's a solution for this. Wait until one of the other long time users can tell you the thread link. I can't remember where it is. Try doing a search for it on the board.
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.