account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Font size on homescreen becomes bigger.

Apprentice
Message 1 of 34
Message 1 of 34

Font size on homescreen becomes bigger.

I have some bug. It's not critical, but annoying. This bug appears after this steps:

1) lock the screen of phone

2) open camera with 'camera button'

3) wait a little bit and press 'home button'

4) unlock screen (e.g. with fingerprint)

5) now font size of icons on homescreen is bigger than it should be. Go to homescreen settings (press and hold) and go back  to reset font size.

I have xperia X dual F5122, 34.0.A.2.292.

Thanks.

UPD. This bug shows at Xperia Z3 Compact D5803, android 6.0.1, 23.5.A.1.291. So, it's bug of 'Xperia Home'. Please, move this post to 'xperia home' branch, if it's possible.

33 REPLIES 33
Commissioner
Message 2 of 34
Message 2 of 34

Re: Font size on homescreen becomes bigger.

I encountered this as well!

Learner
Message 3 of 34
Message 3 of 34

Same here.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 34
Message 4 of 34

Hi all,

Could anyone of you recreate this and then take a bug report? If you then send it to me I can forward it for investigation.

To do this:

1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number, tap 7 times on the build number.
  2. Go back and select Developer options then turn on "USB debugging".
  3. Select Logger buffer size and change it to "4 M"
  4. Restart your phone, then replicate this
  5. Go back to Settings > Developer options, select "Take bug report".

When the report is ready you will receive a notification. Tap the notification to share it. I suggest you upload it to Google Drive and then choose to share a public link to the upload and include the link in the PM.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 5 of 34
Message 5 of 34

Home screen font size changes after camera used

Since update 6.0.1 arrived after I use camera Home screen icons font increases in size. Resets to normal size after some time (or device restart). Reset device to factory defaults didi no change.

Any advice how to solve this?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 34
Message 6 of 34

Re: Home screen font size changes after camera used

Hi @vrba187,

I merged your topic with this one. We are currently investigating this but I have no new in information at the moment. As soon as I do I will let you know by posting in this topic. Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 34
Message 7 of 34

I got information today that this will be fixed in an upcoming version of Xperia Home.

Adviser
Message 8 of 34
Message 8 of 34

Many thanks Christofer!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 34
Message 9 of 34

Happy to help. Slightly smiling Face Thanks to @LiomSV as well for providing a bug report!

One time poster
Message 10 of 34
Message 10 of 34

Font Enlarging

My Xperia Z2 started enlarging the home screen font lately, not sure why but it showed up only about a month ago. Is anyone familiar with this problem? Thanks