account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Folder shape changed after software repair

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Folder shape changed after software repair

Hi Community,

I report a strange bug that I have noticed using the software repair tool.

I have an Xperia X Compact. When I have buy it, in November, it has Android 6 and the shape of the folders created in the homescreens was rounded. I have updated my device to Android 7 by OTA and the shape remained rounded. Today I udes the software repair tool and the shape of folder is changed to Samsung's style. Why??? Any solution??? 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Re: Folder shape changed after software repair

Hi @Alessio_84,

It sounds like Xperia Home was updated in the software repair process. Due to an issue related to the icons used by the device's themes, the icons on the Home screen may suddenly be displayed differently after Xperia Home is updated.  For example, square app folders may be displayed instead of rounded app folders. To solve the issue, touch and hold on an empty area on your home screen > Choose Themes > Select the theme you were previously using.

Did that help? Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

are you using the default theme? or any pre installed themes?

can you upload a screenshot of the app tray.

this is how it is on Xperia XZ Android 7.0

Screenshot (Dec 27, 2016 9_53_13 PM).jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi @Alessio_84,

It sounds like Xperia Home was updated in the software repair process. Due to an issue related to the icons used by the device's themes, the icons on the Home screen may suddenly be displayed differently after Xperia Home is updated.  For example, square app folders may be displayed instead of rounded app folders. To solve the issue, touch and hold on an empty area on your home screen > Choose Themes > Select the theme you were previously using.

Did that help? Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@nolramlb

I use the pre-installed black theme of my X Compact. Never downloaded other theme for now.

@Emir

Hi Emir!

Unfortunately, this doesn't help me. The situation remain the same. I try another software repair and then your suggestion; after done I report the result to you.

Thanks to all for now! :smileysmileythumbsup:

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

That is strange, sorry to hear that it wasn't of use. Slightly frowning Face 

Did the software repair help?

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@Emir

I have used the official PC Companion software for Window 10 to repair the software of my X Compact by dedicated menu.

I have done an other software repair and then I have followed your suggestion about the theme and so the folder's shape has changed to rounded again.

Thank you so much for your suggestion and support, great! Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hey that's great to hear! I'm happy that we managed to resolve it with a combined effort. Grinning Face