account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Dock icons are always small compared to the grid when reduce dpi

Commissioner
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Dock icons are always small compared to the grid when reduce dpi

Hi Community,

I report a bug that occurs on Android 7.

Using the reduction of dpi by settings, the icons of the apps in the dock of the homescreens became and remain little but the icons of the apps in the upper grid remain big and big remain also the icons in the drawer.

Why this behaviour? Why not armonization? How to solve it?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Dock icons are always small compared to the grid when reduce dpi

the Icons sizes on the homescreen are handled by the Xperia Home Launcher. They are not affected by the change in DPI on the settings.

to change this long press on an empty homescreen settings>icon size

it is not a bug, it is how it is supposed to work

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Commissioner
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

If you reduce the dpi of your XZ, you can see that the icons of the apps of the dock are small but the icons of the upper grid are big also if you choose "big size" in laucher's setting.

There is an incongruency that seems due to the fact that grid and dock are not linked togheter in behaviuor. 

Take a look before answer me again :smileysmileythumbsup:

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

I did try, i tried to replicate what you are saying.

since my icons on the homescreen (which includes the dock) are set to big, when I change the DPI to small, the icons on the homescreen and dock remained big, not until i set it on the Xperia launcher to small they become small.

you can try upload some screenshots to show better what you problem you are experiencing

________________________________________________________________________________
Commissioner
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

@nolramlb

I have done some screenshots to show you exactly what happens on my X Compact when i change the DPI to small.

Take attention to the Email app size. Finally, as you can see, the size is set to "grande" (big in english).

Screenshot_20161228-131847.pngScreenshot_20161228-131950.pngScreenshot_20161228-131910.png

Commissioner
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Nobody have the time and patience to answer me about?

I posted some screenshots as required, but nobody answer me...!

Learner
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

same problem here...

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

if I am not mistaken the dock icons sizes are handled by the Xperia Home Launcher and not by the System.. that is why when you reduce dpi on the system settings, some elements on the home screen doesn't change vice versa

Commissioner
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Exactly, the icons' size in tghe dock (also named stage icons) and in the grid are handled by Xperia Home Launcher. I'm a part of Xperia Home beta program and I reported this bug many times (devs think I'm a troll) but in the updates it is never fixed.

Fortunately I discovered that the version 1.2.A.3.0 of 26th April on the apkmirrors.com has fixed this bug. I installed it and now all icons (dock, grid and drawer) have the same size; in addition there is blur effect.

However I'm sorry that this thread has never done answers from support and there a re not communication about the vesion updated that fixed the bug. Only because I know the site apkmirror I can found the version corrected.

Learner
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

I'm on 10.2.A.3.24 and the problem is the same... for the lack of support (here and in the xperia home G+ community) I agree with you.