account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Digits of Digital clock got sliced

Apprentice
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Digits of Digital clock got sliced

Screenshot_20171107-205401.png

See upper portion of 0 and 8 got sliced after the latest Xperia Home update. 

8 REPLIES 8
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Digits of Digital clock got sliced

Hi @pallabmaiti,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you tried to remove the clock widget then add it again? I not I would recommend that you try this.

To do so, press and hold on the widget, then drag it to remove from homescreen. Then press and hold on the empty space left from removing the widget to enter the edit mode, tap widgets then select the clock you want to use.

If you are still experiencing the same behavior with your widget I'd recommend that you restart your device to safe mode to see if this behavior is caused by one of your downloaded apps as these will be temporarily disabled in this mode.

Let me know how it goes.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Yes. I did try to remove the widget and add it again. Then it was showing okay. But after couple of hours the clock got smaller automatically and the digits got sliced.

Another thing when i try to resize the clock see what happens in the screenshot. Screenshot_20171108-132650.png

Apprentice
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Ok. I guess i find out how to reoccur this. Add widget in portrait mode. Then landscape the home screen. Then again goto portrait mode. You will find the digits got sliced and the whole block become smaller. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Thank for the update, this seems strange. Did you try in safe mode if you could recreate this behavior?

If the same thing happens in safe mode you could perform a software repair using Xperia Companion and see if the same behavior is present when you switch between portrait and landscape mode.

Keep me posted how it goes. Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

In safe mode widgets are not working. See the screenshot. Screenshot_20171110-002731.png

Apprentice
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Hi,

Did you find the bugs?

Note : I will not repair my software, it's working fine expect this and this is happening after the latest Xperia Home update.

One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Hi, it is a bug in Clock widgets and it is already fixed.

In a couple of days a newer version of Clock widgets will be available in your device.

I guess your version of the Clock widgets is something like 5.2.A.0.6, the newer versions 5.2.A.0.10 or higher does not have this bug. 

Regards / Niklas

Apprentice
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

That's I want to hear. Thanks.