account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Default home screen setting??

SOLVED
Message 11 of 27
Message 11 of 27

Re: Default home screen setting??

@alex_ncfc And did you add more than one screen to try and see that option?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 12 of 27
Message 12 of 27

Yes I have added the total of 7 that I would usually have, but there is no "house" icon in the top corner of any of them. My housemate has a Z5 Compact and I asked him to look on his and he has it.

Message 13 of 27
Message 13 of 27

And which one stays when you press home once?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 14 of 27
Message 14 of 27

The one on the far left. If I press home from any screen, or any of my other home screens, it will fly back to that one.

Message 15 of 27
Message 15 of 27

Strange, and on that one no home icon? What if you try to remove that one? Remove them all.

Talent
Message 16 of 27
Message 16 of 27

No home icon on any of them at all. I've tried restarting the phone too. I'll try removing them and get back to you.

Talent
Message 17 of 27
Message 17 of 27

Removed all (apart from one as I obviously can't have zero home screens) and still no joy - although I noticed something - when I click the '+' symbol to add a new one, on the transition of the new home screen coming into view, the home symbol is there - but disappears far too quickly to be able to do anything with it.

Message 18 of 27
Message 18 of 27

Try to clear data for xperia home under settings - apps (show system from the 3 dots). It will reset home customizations.

Talent
Message 19 of 27
Message 19 of 27

Gahhh, still no luck at all even after clearing the app data and cache. This has stumped me, there must be someone on here who has this particular model (X Compact) who can tell me if this is indeed a known bug??

Thank you for all your help so far.

Message 20 of 27
Message 20 of 27

@alex_ncfc You have google now enabled for xperia home, that will always make the home page the one that is just after the google panel.