account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Default home screen setting??

SOLVED
Highlighted
Talent
Message 1 of 27
Message 1 of 27

Default home screen setting??

Hi all,

Upon adding some extra home screen so I can add more Widgets, I can't see how to set my default home screen. I like to have 7 screens with the 4th one the default ("middle" screen) but I can't find any settings for this, any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 20 of 27
Message 20 of 27

Re: Default home screen setting??

@alex_ncfc You have google now enabled for xperia home, that will always make the home page the one that is just after the google panel.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

26 REPLIES 26
Emperor
Message 2 of 27
Message 2 of 27

Pinch zoom anywhere on the homescreen > check on the top left side, there should be a home icon

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 3 of 27
Message 3 of 27

Doesn't look like there is. 

Screenshot_20161104-183843.png

Emperor
Message 4 of 27
Message 4 of 27

I can't see the picture until it gets approved. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 5 of 27
Message 5 of 27

@alex_ncfc What if you try to swipe left or right when in that state?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 6 of 27
Message 6 of 27

Still nothing. Anyone else have this issue?

Message 7 of 27
Message 7 of 27

@alex_ncfc Did you check safe mode?

Talent
Message 8 of 27
Message 8 of 27

I'm reluctant to go into safe mode as I tried that on my Z1 Compact a few months ago and I lost all my home screens and some app settings.

Message 9 of 27
Message 9 of 27

But it should allow you to swipe left or right in order to add more screens. Did you really configure that much of your new device to be afraid to check safe mode?

Talent
Message 10 of 27
Message 10 of 27

It does allow me to add more screens, there just isn't a home icon to set the default main home screen. And I don't know why. I suppose I haven't configured too much but I would like to know if anyone else with an X or X Compact has this issue before I try going into Safe Mode.