account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Automatically add icons to home screen when downloading apps

MxS
One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Automatically add icons to home screen when downloading apps

Hi all

After upgrading to Oreo I can't find the option in Playstore to automatically add icons to my home screen after downloading apps. Is there another setting to turn on this feature on the device itself?

Thankx

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Automatically add icons to home screen when downloading apps

@MxS I can try to get more info on this.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi @MxS,

The option Add icon to Home screen has been removed from the settings for Google Play (Play Store) in Android 8.0. The option was removed by Google and is not available anywhere else on your Xperia device.  

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for letting us know.

I was hoping for this setting to be back  in Android 9.0 but it is still not there.

One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

If you still have another device with any previous Android release you can enable it as usual on your account and then this setting will be applied to your Oreo OS. As I understand it's account-wide setting, not device specific.