account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App menu button disappeared on xz1 compact

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

App menu button disappeared on xz1 compact

The app menu button disappeared and i can't find it anywhere on the phone. It's not on other screens. I started up in safe mode, as suggested in another topic but no result.

Any other solutions please? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: App menu button disappeared on xz1 compact

@Bubbafet

Long-press on any empty space within your home screen -> Settings -> Disable "Hide apps icon"

EDIT: if you recently updated your Xperia Home app, this setting is renamed to "Enable swipe up"

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

5 REPLIES
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

@Bubbafet

Long-press on any empty space within your home screen -> Settings -> Disable "Hide apps icon"

EDIT: if you recently updated your Xperia Home app, this setting is renamed to "Enable swipe up"

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Ok, Thank you very much. Button is back!

One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Lost app drawer

My app drawer has dissappeared and I don't know how to get it back 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Re: Lost app drawer

Hi @6379, welcome to our forum!

If you press and hold on an empty area of your home screen and then tap "Settings" in the bottom right corner > scroll down and find "Enable swipe-up", if this is activated, disable it and you'll have to the Apps icon back on your home screen.

This setting removes the icon and you can instead open up the app drawer by swiping up from the home button.

Let me know if that helps!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Thanks you saved me too Clapping Hands