account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Ear Duo falling appart

One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia Ear Duo falling appart

Hello everyone,

After approximately one month of usage my Xperia Ear Duo started to loose its parts.

1. Magnets which should keep headphones within the charging case are no more kept on their places.

2. Right ear cover is fell off.

20181009_134342.jpg

Official warranty service says that 'It is fine and has no influence to the fucntional charactristics', which is obviously not a true statement. Official support call center was only able to repeat pretty much the same statement. 

Does anyone faced with such situation? 

Regards,

Michael Elmeev

P.S. My trust to Sony as a company that creates good products and cares about customers is totally ruined. 

4 REPLIES 4
Apprentice
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia Ear Duo falling appart

Yeah, magnet of my XEA20's right unit is also off. I've heard a few similar cases. I think this is a design flaw.

Also, my right unit CAN'T CHARGE. The LED indicator turned red once put in the charging case, and a couple seconds later the light went off and never light up again.

LED on the unit should flash twice when taking out from the case, but mine seems dead. But if I put it back, the red light is on again and will soon be off.

I've gone through every possible step in the troubleshooting on Sony's website and found it doesn't help at all. Don't know how to fix it.

One time poster
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

yes, I have also faced the same kind of problem my earphones are also not working properly just because of same problem.

Commissioner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Just only one magnet fell off, and I just superglued it back on. The rest are holding up.

I'm happy that the tubing is metal... Because the lower end plastic version the tube broke apart at the weakest point. But why is the tube made of 3 parts instead of one?

DSC_0055.JPG

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I loved this product until my left bud backing comes off like yours. Then my left ear tip won't stay on as a little plastic cog either broke or I can't set it back in place such that whenever I place the duo in my ear the tip slides off so it is useless 😑. I am very dissappointed in Sony's build quality. So much so that I am hesitant to purchase future Sony products.