account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Problem charging brand new Xperia Ear Duo

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Problem charging brand new Xperia Ear Duo

Just purchased a pair of Xperia Ear Duo (brand new)

The problem is charging the Main Unit (R).

The Main Unit (L) charges just fine and glows green.

This is the problem description for Main Unit (R), I'll just write (R) for short

Initially the red light would come on and then after a few seconds go out....

After the charging case reached Orange LED, then the light on (R) would go red, stay for about 10 seconds then blink i.e. go out quickly and then back go red... it would stay red for another 7 seconds and then go out.

Taking (R) out of the charging case and putting it back in would most of the time not light up at all, and after a few tries it would be back to the same pattern.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problem charging brand new Xperia Ear Duo

Is the battery fully depleted in the (R) unit?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Yes I would think so.

It doesn't ever blink white.

It has never been charged by me, it's a brand new set but only (L) charges.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

This happened once where the Right was completely depleated. I couldn't get it charged.

Actually, the simple solution is the leave the Right in there. and take out the L, close the clam and charge it with just one earpiece inside separately. besides together. Oddly a simple and obvious solution.

After a few minutes, I didn't have a problem with them being charged and was able to pair correctly.