account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

WhatsApp messages double ringtone notification

Rookie
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

WhatsApp messages double ringtone notification

Hello, I have a problem with my new Xperia E5. When I got a WhatsApp notification it sounds twies. With a different ringtones. I figured out that one was the preset from the app and the other was the preset from the phone. But even turning them to none it still has 2 ringtones. What can I do? Thank you!
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: WhatsApp messages double ringtone notification

You should get a single notification, if you get double notification it's not the phone but rather another notification app that might have installed.
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

If the messaging system on your phone is set as whatsapp, and you receive an sms, the phone will receive it and then whatsapp will receive it.
I'm not sure if they fixed it, but this happened to me on an old phone.
This could be the problem
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Rookie
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Thank you for the replies, phy: actually the phone is new (not even a week old) , and I haven't installed anything but whatsapp. So I don't think it could be another SMS or chat app. Not even Skype or Facebook chat.

Neobeum: I agree with you, it is more like a bug. Do you know how can I send a report to Sony so they may work on it? Thanks guys!

Emperor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@CH_P

You could uninstall and reinstall whatsapp and report back

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi everyone! Thanks for the advice! after uninstalling, installing 2 or 3 times, checking all the settings, I found the problem, for some weird reason a few of my contacts (those that I used the most) had the a "custom notification ringtone" checked, when I un checked them in the individuals contact settings everything started to ring perfectly and just ones, with the right notification sound! 

Thank you guys!