account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

E5 has started to die at around 30% battery

SOLVED
Regular
Message 31 of 39
Message 31 of 39

Re: Xperia E5 battery life

Hi all  since I reset the GPS my phone has gone back to normal, charging OK quickly and not getting hot also it has stopped draining the battery rapidly but it has only been 1day so tomorrow may be different so I will reply later 

Regular
Message 32 of 39
Message 32 of 39

Re: E5 has started to die at around 30% battery

I had the same problem with the battery losing charge but I went to the about phone settings, in the settings menu, and did all the tests and the GPS was stuck, reset it by getting the satellite to pick it up and my phone has been OK since, charges normally 

Regular
Message 33 of 39
Message 33 of 39

I've just managed to do the software repair and have gotten everything back onto my phone so I'll see how it goes over the next couple of days.

Although I have just run the tests and my GPS isnt working either. I'll try see if I can reset it. Im just hoping I don't have to send my phone off for fixing. 

Pioneer
Message 34 of 39
Message 34 of 39

@DarkFire, regarding the GPS when it is connected for the first time it may take some time for locking the position, be sure to be outside with nothing blocking the signal like buildings and trees. 

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 35 of 39
Message 35 of 39

Hi Everyone,

You may experience that the battery drains quickly or becomes unusually hot on your Xperia E5. This is known behaviour caused by the AVG Protection/Antivirus app version 6.10.9 (released May 22nd 2018). We have asked AVG to release a new version to fix this issue as soon as possible. 

Meanwhile, there is a workaround that will correct the behaviour immediately. Simply follow the instructions below to disable AVG Protection/Antivirus.

To disable AVG Protection

1. From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Settings > Apps.
  3. Tap AVG Protection.
  4. Tap DISABLE.
  5. Confirm by tapping DISABLE APP.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 36 of 39
Message 36 of 39

So done the software repair and reset GPS, still having problems. Now I've tried disabling the agv protection, so hopefully that will work. Fingers crossed

One time poster
Message 37 of 39
Message 37 of 39

Have had massive problems with my E5 for last two weeks. Hope this cures it as it has cost me a fortune in lost work as im  self employed and have lost jobs through this!

not happy

Regular
Message 38 of 39
Message 38 of 39

Just thought I'd let everyone know DISABLING AVG PROTECTION WORKED! Phone is now completely back to normal. Thank you

Learner
Message 39 of 39
Message 39 of 39

I have had exactly the same problem with my Xperia E5 and was just about to take it back to the dealer I bought it from to say the phone was faulty.  Thank goodness I decided to "google around" first and found this thread.  I have uninstalled AVG Protection completely (I don't use my phone for internet, only calls and texts) and now my phone is back to normal again.

Thank you so much to Sony Xperia Support Staff for providing the solution. :smileysmileythumbsup: