account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia E4g / default route via usb?

Apprentice
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Xperia E4g / default route via usb?

Hi!

When I connect my E4g to my big box via a USB cable (while WLAN/Bluetooth is turned off), and then enable "USB tethering", and then configure the IPs via DHCP, it does not add a default route to that 192.168.42.129 IP.

My workaround is currently: I connect to an advertisement WLAN of the local cable TV provider, and then I add 192.168.42.129 as HTTP proxy to that dummy WLAN, and then I can surf the web via USB -- big box -- VDSL... But that just works for HTTP and HTTPS...

1. How can I run the command `ip route add default dev rndis0` successfully? When I do it via a terminal APK, it says that the operation is not permitted...

2. Why can't I just get a password protected root access on my E4g like on all my boxes? Am I missing a trick?

Thx.

Bye.