account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia E4 usb connection problem

Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia E4 usb connection problem

Hi All! I am having some problems with my Sony Xperia E4 phone and I was hoping if you can help me. Here is the thing I have tried to Connect my phone with the computer throw usb cable when I do that and enable usb debuging it shows the model of the phone on the computer that means its connected but I can't transfer files and in Device Manager on my windows XP it says there aren't drivers for the phone installed.I have tried to find drivers but there weren't any.So I installed Pc Companion I did everything as writed but yet the Pc Companion can't recognize my Phone. Please Help. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xperia E4 usb connection problem

Have you checked this?

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/USB-connection-problems/m-p/348074#U348074

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Emperor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

What if you disable the firewall and antivirus and then try again with PCC.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Well I have tried everything I have connected my phone to another computer and everything was Ok but it just can't connect with mine.Is it possible because it has XP and because it's an old Computer???

Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Also why Can't I find Drivers??? Can someone please give me Link for them...

Emperor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

That's probably the reason, make sure to have the latest windows media player update and java 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)