account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia E4 Dual - wifi connection doesn't work

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Xperia E4 Dual - wifi connection doesn't work

Hi there, I have the problem that I can't connect my smartpohone with my router wireless Netgear DG834G.

I have acitivated the acces point into the router that works with some laptop, than I have activated thw wifi on the phone, but I got "out of range"!

How is possible?

Whehe do I wrong?

Thank for your support.

PS.

My router is set in this way:

Name SSID, is set.

region: Europe

Channel: 11

Access: g&b

Protection: none (just for try!)

7 REPLIES 7
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Xperia E4 Dual - wifi connection doesn't work

Hi,

That sounds strange. Have you tried or do you have the possibility to connect the phone to another Wi-Fi network to see if you experience the same behaviour?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Yes, it works fine, but very close to my router nothing to do!

I have set:

static IP: 192.168.0.4

Gateway: 192.168.140.1

SSID name

Any criptography

But there is no way to connect (the phone says out of range ( I am very close, about 50 cm!!! from the wifi's antenna.

That is incredible, because with my other laptop I can cnnect with any problem.

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

One thing that you could try is to reset your router to see if you can get a connection. Also make sure that your router has the latest firmware.

I do also suggest that you make sure that your router has DHCP enabled. And make sure that you do not have any special characters in your SSID name and/or password since this may interfere. If you are using Mac filter, make sure that your phone is set as allowed otherwise it should be turned off.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Well,

the question is: why I can connect with some laptos and not with my phone? This i very curios!

Again: MAC filter on the router is off, but I have tried also to switch on with any results; DHCP is enabled and NO strange characters are set on the SSID.

Secon question where can I see if MAC filter is on or off in my phone?

Thank

One time poster
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I encouter the same problem on my phone this morning.

Bought it yersteday and wifi was rly fine. Doawnload whatsapp and messanger and use it a lot.

This morning, I did any change, but ... wifi doesn't work. Always trying to find new IP or something like that.

I'm using PC companion trying to resolve it...

I tried to reboot phone to factory settings but... nothin' change.

Forum Legend
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

@paolopdMac filter is a setting in the router and not the phone, so no need to look for that in your phone.

But I'm a bit confused, if DHCP is on why do you use a static IP? Have you tried DHCP? And it looks a bit strange that your IP and Gateway are on different network ranges.

One other thing, have you disabled SSID broadcast? If yes, could you enable it to see if you have the possibility to get a connection?

Adviser
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

DavidLiégeois we used repair facility on pc companion to fix issue after taking Sonys advic. It didnt work and reinstalling backed up data also proved not possible i ended up manually adding accounts again.