account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Switched off and can not on again

ET5
Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Switched off and can not on again

Hi,

I have a broplem with my soney experia e4 cell phone that once I switched off and trying to switch on again but it can't. Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Switched off and can not on again

Hello @ET5, welcome to the community!

I'm really sorry to hear about that! Have you tried holding down the ON/OFF button and the Volume Up button at the same time to force a shutdown, and then tried to start it again? Here (Clickable link) you can see the buttons marked as number 5 and number 6. You can also force a restart if you remove the back panel and with the tip of a pen or similar pointy object press the small OFF button showed here (Clickable link). 

Have you had the opportunity to remove your SIM and/or SD- card? A damaged card can cause this behaviour. Remove your card and try to start the phone again.

Does the LED-light (marked as number 1 in the overview) light up if you plug it in to a charger? If The light shines red, your battery needs charging. Let the phone charge for at least half an hour before you try to start it again.

Keep me posted! I would love to know how things work out.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Switched off and can not on again

Hi i am experiencing the same problem, my LED Light green but still can not switch on please advice.