account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony e4g missed calls

SOLVED
Regular
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Sony e4g missed calls

Good morning, i have a problem with my e4g.
When I have a call without answer, crash the telephone application, so I lose the signal and the connection until after a lot of times that i click on the continuous notice, the signal return.
I believe both to impute to a not correct operation of the incallui, but I cannot for example erase the cache because the incallui.apk I see it only through an external program, not from the list applications and so I cannot also disinstall it.
I cannot go in safe mode because the Phone remains 10 minutes or more on screens with the blue waves of loading, without show me more therefore I have click the reset button.

I have already update to the new firmware but the problem still remain.
Some idea that isn't factory reset?

Ps sorry for my english, i'm italian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Genius
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Sony e4g missed calls

Hi @AndreaMorph

Please, try first run a backup of the device information as explained here. Then perform a system repair using PC Companion or Bridge for MAC. This will factory reset your phone and erase all data. You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery. Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off until you are prompted (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device). Start PC Companion -> Support zone -> Update my phone/tablet -> Blue Repair my phone/tablet -> follow instructions. When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button. The repair or reformat process will start. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64 bit operating system adjust settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode -> chose Windows 7 or XP. I´m at disposal for any question

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Genius
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Hi @AndreaMorph

Please, try first run a backup of the device information as explained here. Then perform a system repair using PC Companion or Bridge for MAC. This will factory reset your phone and erase all data. You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery. Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off until you are prompted (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device). Start PC Companion -> Support zone -> Update my phone/tablet -> Blue Repair my phone/tablet -> follow instructions. When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button. The repair or reformat process will start. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64 bit operating system adjust settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode -> chose Windows 7 or XP. I´m at disposal for any question

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas

View solution in original post

Emperor
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

@AndreaMorph

How old is the SIM card? is it the correct size or did you trimmed it?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

maybe 2 - 3 years old, but i don't know if is this the problem because if i make o receive calls all is ok

Emperor
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

@AndreaMorph

Get a brand new SIM card, make sure it's the correct size

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

why the size of the sim card affect only missed calls and not outgoing or incoming calls ?

Emperor
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

@AndreaMorph

We are just trying to narrow down the possible issue. 

Genius
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

Hi @AndreaMorph

Have you try a repar with PC Companion or Bridge for MAC as I suggested above?

Regular
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

when i come back to home i'll do the backup and i will try the reset if there isn't more solution!

Genius
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

Hi @AndreaMorph

Good, keep us updated please. I´m at disposal for any question.