account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

My xperia e4g phone died suddenly

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

My xperia e4g phone died suddenly

automaticaly shut down and don't start.try to charge but not charging.

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: My xperia e4g phone died suddenly

Hi @Alias675, I'm sorry to hear about this.

If you are unable to power on, to charge and to restart your Xperia™ E4, try these steps one after the other. Check whether the problem was solved after each step, before trying the next one.

• Charge your battery to at least 50%, in order for it to work properly. Note! It might take up to five hours to fully charge the battery.
  • Try to force the device to restart. No settings or personal data get deleted during a forced restart. The procedure for forcing a shutdown or restart differs depending on the model of your Xperia™ device.
  • Perform a software repair using Xperia™ Companion. Note! Always back up all personal data before performing a software repair. All data in the internal memory is overwritten during a software repair. Content on an external SD card is kept.

To force the device to restart

1. Remove the back cover.
  2. Using the tip of a pen or a similar object, press and hold down the small OFF button (generally indicated by the text "OFF") until the device emits three vibrations, then release the OFF button.
  3. The device turns off automatically.
  4. Charge the device until a charging icon appears on the screen.
  5. Turn on your Xperia™ device.
    Note! If a forced restart procedure as described above doesn't succeed in turning on your device, you should try another kind of forced restart - the two-minute restart procedure.

To force a two-minute restart

1. Remove the back cover.
  2. Using the tip of a pen or similar object, press and hold down the small OFF button (generally indicated by the text "OFF") for 120 seconds (ignoring any vibrations), and then release the OFF button.
  3. Charge the device until a charging icon appears on the screen.
  4. Turn on your Xperia™ device.

Please let me know whether or not this helped!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I try the procedure. But what if there is no vibrations.? 

Visitor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

My problem exactely .. 

i tried all options an nothing happens.