account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Missing app icons in app tray

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Missing app icons in app tray

Hi

I have a bunch of apps installed but I cant see them in the app tray or desktop.  Roughly a third is missing

To run the apps I have to go to Google Play and 'open' them from in there.  I obviously need an internet connection for this.

If I uninstall and reinstall the app, it will appear in the system tray but vanish at some future point.

Any idea what is going on and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Re: Missing app icons in app tray

I think Rickard got it right in that topic,clearing data for xperia home fixes the icons for some of the apps moved.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Are those moved to external SD?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

I might have moved them to the SD card I installed...

Quite possibly! Slightly smiling Face

I can still see the apps in the app part of the settings menu too

Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

In this case,see the following topic:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Xperia-Z3C-issue-after-transferring-apps-to-SD-card...

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

This is the problem - Some if not most apps once moved to SD are rendered unusable and that's not a Sony issue but the developer which won't have updated their API's to include this feature for new'er firmware and or models - It could also be an SD card issue but more often than not it's an app issue

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

I think Rickard got it right in that topic,clearing data for xperia home fixes the icons for some of the apps moved.

Visitor
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

edit

thanks!  Fixed!

Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

Great.

Apprentice
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Trouble moving apps to SD Card

Good morning,

Me Xperia E4 is starting to get no internal memory and when I try to move apps to sd card, works perfectly until I turned off or restart my device. When I do that, the apps disappears and I can't find the icons or run the apps.

Anyone know why happens that? And if there is any solution? Cause the internal memory is 400Mb and I need free space. I erased all data unnecessary.

Thank you for your time & help!

Reaper.

Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Re: Trouble moving apps to SD Card

Same my problem then restored my phone all apps automatically idont know what happen same my storage 400mb