account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Battery Backup Issue Xperia E4g

One time poster
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

Battery Backup Issue Xperia E4g

HI,

Sometimes my xperia E4g battery drains from 14% to directly 1% in just few 10 to 15 minutes,

And sometimes runs properly

My Imei 

Dont know whats the problem with battery.

Sometimes when i switch off my phone it also does not get start for atleast 5 to 10 minutes.

Is there any problem with chipset or charging/backup chipset.

Regards,

Kailas

17 REPLIES 17
Master
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

Re: Battery Backup Issue Xperia E4g

Check this thread and let me know if the problems persist after you've tried it:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Facing-problems-with-abnormal-battery-and-shutdown/m-p/320375#U320...

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

Sony Xperia E4g bad battery life on standby

I have purchased xperia E4g 2 days ago. A lot of people said this phone has great battery life but it doesnt. Battery drops for about 6-10 % every night with only wifi on. I got only 3 hours on screen time and battery is on 20%. Does anyone else have the same issue?

Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

Re: Sony Xperia E4g bad battery life on standby

Battery life will depend on how you use your phone. Buying a new phone will be followed by a couple of days of exploration and data shifting and this means long screen on time. My advice is to wait untill you finish with your exploration and initial setup of your new phone then monitor your battery life after that.

You can always check what's draining your battery from Settings -> Power management -> Battery usage.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

I too have a similar problem.my xperia e4g dual battery suddenly drops v fast gradually from 15 or 30 or even 40% to 1%.

Tried repair by pc suite..sent for repairs too.no battery apps or anything installed.But still no luck..pls help.

Have bought it just 2mnths ago.

also tried everything from the thread-http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Facing-problems-with-abnormal-battery-and-shutdown/m-p/320375#U320...

Screenshot_2015-08-14-22-57-33.pngScreenshot_2015-08-26-20-57-51.png

Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

Even if I don't have the same problem (for me it drops to 1% early and can still be used for an hour or so when battery is charged to full), it's safe to say the e4g has a fuel gauge inconsistency. Funny thing is it only happens when phone charged to 100% and if it's not disconnected immediately the inconsistency is even larger. Hope they look into it and fix it.

Rookie
Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

proble with battery Sony E4

hello good I have a problem with my phone when I put a load and let charge 100% and leave another 5 minutes to be completely disconnected when charging and spends a few seconds and the battery is at 99% after 5 minutes the battery is at 95% and that I'm not using this in stamina mode and
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

It's a fuel gauge software issue. That's why it drops suddenly for a certain amount (noticed it below 10% twice) or runs down faster and then sits on 1% for long. It doesn't encompass the full range of battery capacity and thus displays those inconsistencies depending on how it's charged. Devs need to calibrate it properly again in the next firmware update. That's why it also charges faster as it nears 100%. It's not really 100% but less so it's missing a chunk of the charge scale. Probably tries to squeeze 70-75% of capacity into the full 100% scale, so it's always off either at the lowest or highest point of charge.

There's also the LED thing, the orange color is quite indistinguishable from the green color, hard to notice when it's actually at 90% charge.

Regular
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

I am using my Xperia e4g dual in Stamina Mobe. And battery is drying 3 to 4% in 2-3 hours of time. Even mobile data / WiFi also off.
Is it software issue?
One time poster
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

Will the problem be solved if i charge to 90s%??