account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

unfortunately camera common has stopped

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

unfortunately camera common has stopped

hello,

my phone Xperia E3 restarts frequently and it shows " unfortunately camera common has stopped". even touch screen and power button is not responding. i am facing this problem since 2 days. could you please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

Re: unfortunately camera common has stopped

@sriparna,

If it's still doing the same thing while in safe mode then I would recommend trying a software repair next. 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

17 REPLIES 17
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

Hi @sriparna,

Welcome to the community.

Try starting your phone in safe mode first, then go to Settings > Apps > All > Camera > Clear Data > Force Stop. Then restart your phone.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

even after i tried to boot my phone in safemode still it's showing me the message " Unfortunately camera common has stopped" and still the touch screen is not responding. please kindly help me if there is any other solution for this problem.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

@sriparna,

If it's still doing the same thing while in safe mode then I would recommend trying a software repair next. 

Learner
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

thank you very much Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

unfortunatey baack camra has stopped

plz reply me

Rookie
Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

Hi,

Even i did master reset for 4 times in past one week through PC companion I am keep getting  "unfortunately camera common has stopped" after one or two  days from resetting the mobile.

Please help me

Rookie
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

when I click on OK it keeps flashing the same error. using xperia E3.

One time poster
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

Are you kidding? A lot of people with the problem, no solution trough Xperia Companion, you have to clear your phone twice a day. Spent half the price of my phone trying to fix it, still troubleing me. NEVER IN MY LIFE i'll buy these dishonest obsolete technology. Go Samsung or ASUS for a good phone.

One time poster
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

Hi, have the same issue on my xperia e3. Software repair helps you to turn on your phone, but after few hours problem appears again - infinite alert unfortunately camera common has stopped then phone turns off and then goes to loop rebooting