account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

When I connect the charger, it clears all the settings I've made, including the theme and wallpaper

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

When I connect the charger, it clears all the settings I've made, including the theme and wallpaper

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: When I connect the charger, it clears all the settings I've made, including the theme and wallpa

@jiseth

That's a new one, can you list all the items that get reset?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: When I connect the charger, it clears all the settings I've made, including the theme and wallpa

@uliwooly@jiseth

could it be that demo mode is enabled when you connect the charger? do you have maybe a demo unit?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @jiseth, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

@alexdon is on to something here, it does sound like the demo mode is activated in your device as it goes back to default when you connect the charger to the device.

Is this something that has started to occur very recently or has it been like this since you received the device?

If it's only the demo mode being activated, try opening up the Phone application and type in *#*#73556673#*#*. You should now end up at the home screen again and the demo mode should be disabled. You can also go to Settings > Security > Device Administrator and uncheck the Retail or Demo Mode option. This will remove Demo/Retail Mode from device.

Let us know how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.