account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia E | Phone won't turn on after batery drain

SOLVED
Forum Legend
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: Xperia E | Phone won't turn on after batery drain

It's the 1st bit of software that tells your phone how to boot and how to charge

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Forum Legend
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

The Kernel is the Linux Kernel version that Android is based on. It's the core of the operating system that handles requests to and from the hardware, memory and process management and all the low-level stuff that is necessary for Android to be able to run.

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

I don't really know what the trouble is, charger is working correctly

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

As I've tried to explain if your battery is completely dead then connecting the charger still will not be able to engage the kernel to then direct the power to the battery and as I also said you need to either return your device to the place of purchase or contact Xperia care and have your device inspected http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

or buy an external battery charger to charge your battery which will then be able to engage the kernel or simply buy a replacement battery

Visitor
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

Thanks

Learner
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

Press both the buttons for 30 seconds. Don't leave after 10 seconds..... I was thinking that it won't turn on and left the keys after 10 seconds, but then Online chat rep (Rafael) told to hold for 30 seconds and I am up now. I was asking for the reason and I was told the system will go down when there was an issue to prevent the OS being currpted.

One time poster
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

thanks this worked with me xperia e3 dual