account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Will not turn on - three red flashes

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Will not turn on - three red flashes

Hi and good morning.

Experia E C1505

Battery was charged last night and was found to be turned off this morning.  Now it will not turn on and the LED just gives three red flashes.  The phone is less than three weeks old.

Can anybody help?

Regards

A. Bowman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Will not turn on - three red flashes

Hi,

It sounds like the battery is completely flat since the LED flashes red three times. I suggest that you remove the battery and insert it again. Without trying to power on the unit, connect it to the charger via wall socket and let it charge for 2-3 hours. 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

5 REPLIES 5
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

It sounds like the battery is completely flat since the LED flashes red three times. I suggest that you remove the battery and insert it again. Without trying to power on the unit, connect it to the charger via wall socket and let it charge for 2-3 hours. 

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi and thanks.  That is pretty much what I had decided to try and it seems to be charging but why, after charging all night from a half charge, it completely discharged I don't know.

Alan

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

My guess is that a process or similar hanged and thereby, why your phone did not receive any charging.

Visitor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

It is now OK, thanks once again.

Alan

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

when you say the battery is flat do you mean it just doesn't have any power in it?