account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Why do I need a Google Account to repair a Xperia E dual?

SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Why do I need a Google Account to repair a Xperia E dual?

On this link <https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-perform-a-software-repair-with-Xperia-Companion/m-p/110305...> it is written:

Please make sure you know your Google account username and password before proceeding.

If you do not, you may not be able to log in your Xperia at all after repairing.

-- I have no Google account anymore (they block the access all the time I cange the country = 42 times only in the last 12 month) and I do not want it anymore, because it does not work for me.

Hence I need an Android update and this without any preinstalled Apps, which consume the whole memory (there is only 53MByte left) and prevent important updates.

Thanks in avance

Michelle

from Miila/Estonia

Thanks in avance
Michelle
from Miila/Estonia
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Why do I need a Google Account to repair a Xperia E dual?

@Miila_Mahe_Aed_OU

You'll need your username and password of your previous Google account that was used to set up this phone. This is a security measure set by Google to prevent phone wiping after it being lost or stolen, rendering it a bit hard to use without the owner's credentials.

If you didn't use any Google accounts on your phone, then you're OK.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Why do I need a Google Account to repair a Xperia E dual?

@Miila_Mahe_Aed_OU

You'll need your username and password of your previous Google account that was used to set up this phone. This is a security measure set by Google to prevent phone wiping after it being lost or stolen, rendering it a bit hard to use without the owner's credentials.

If you didn't use any Google accounts on your phone, then you're OK.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.