account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Forgot screenlock pin

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Forgot screenlock pin

Hi, i want to use my old Xperia C1505 (i think its an E) but ive forgot my screenlock password and even the email i used with the phone. Does anybody know a way of unlocking it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Forgot screenlock pin

Hi @black2bess, welcome to our community!

In your case I'm afraid that there isn't much else to try except for performing a software repair using Xperia Companion.

Do note that this will delete all data stored on the internal storage of your phone and since you can't unlock it, creating a backup will not be possible.

However after the software repair is complete, your screen lock will be removed.

Let me know how it went! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

6 REPLIES 6
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi @black2bess, welcome to our community!

In your case I'm afraid that there isn't much else to try except for performing a software repair using Xperia Companion.

Do note that this will delete all data stored on the internal storage of your phone and since you can't unlock it, creating a backup will not be possible.

However after the software repair is complete, your screen lock will be removed.

Let me know how it went! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

It worked! Thank you for your help. Now i've got a new problem though, i'm trying to unlock it from my old network to my new one. I tried putting the phones IMEI number in when it asked for the sim unlock code but it didnt work.
Genius
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

don't try to add codes you are not aware of, too many attempts will lock your phone forever.

You need to contact your previous carrier and get an unlock code, without that you can't unlock the sim lock.

If the carrier is not going to cooperate, there are multiple services online able to unlock it for a small fee.

Edit: Some local shops may be able to do it for you too.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

You're welcome!

As @YoGem pointed out, it's very important that you don't try with random numbers when unlocking the SIM network. It's very important that you contact your previous service provider (operator) and they will provide you with the code you need to unlock the SIM network lock.

Best of luck!

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Does not reset with pc companion, says error when restoring phone.

GT

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi @altoro_01, welcome to our forum!

If you are using PC Companion, I would recommend that you download Xperia Companion instead since PC Companion has been discontinued. Xperia Companion is available for both Windows and Mac.

When the program is download and installed, try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion.

Let me know how it goes and if you get any error messages, please take a screenshot and upload it here.