account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can't listen to music with headphones

Visitor
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Can't listen to music with headphones

Hello
Suddenly my phone stopped playong music with headphones, the sound is intermittent and has terrible qualit and lots of static.
Without plugging in the headphones the sound works fine on the speaker.
I have already rebooted the phòne several times and tried different sets of headphones with no change.
Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't listen to music with headphones

@CptOrange16

check on >>> safe mode

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

@uliwooly wrote:

@CptOrange16

check on >>> safe mode

Thanks for the fast reply.
 I just rebooted in safe mod and the issue persists.
I've also switched from my usual headphones to the ones that came woth the phone and it is even worse, as the musc swtches constantly between external speaker an headphones.
While the music is on pause I can hear a static noise similar to a heartbeat on th left side of my heaphones.
I'm currently installing pc companion to see if there are any updates available

Emperor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

@CptOrange16

That was my next suggestion

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

@uliwooly wrote:

@CptOrange16

That was my next suggestion

The software says my phone is up to date, the next step will probably be the repair option but I have to backup data first.
I thought pc ompanion had a backup option, unfortunately not, how can I do a backup?

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

If PC Companion doesnt solve the issue contact Sony Xperia support.
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/
Emperor
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

The phone just stops when playing music as i press the play button it will pay for two seconds again it stops, I have Greenconnect to replace the phone as they did but does the same thing as i have the head phone settings to general but the same proble persist even playing videos please help as i am unable to use this phone to play musc or videos withod havng this problem.