account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Calls going straight to voicemail

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Calls going straight to voicemail

Hi there,

Recently my calls have started going straight to voicemail and instead of a call Ive been recieving a message saying the contact called but didnt leave a message, does anyone know why this is, Ive looked at al the call settings and disabled anything that should be causing this and it stil hasnt helped

If anyone can help I would be greatful

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Calls going straight to voicemail

How good or bad is your network coverage? it'll be wise to contact your carrier/network regarding this, perhaps even getting a brand new SIM card. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Its pretty good, I always have signal its just I wasnt sure wether this might be a phone problem or a network problem but thanks for replying

Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Settings > about phone > status > signal strength 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

My phone is going straight to voicemail. I saw the response that suggetsed checking signal strength and this reads "-97 dBm 43 asu"... Unfortunately I have no idea what this means and si still have a problem! Please advise, someone!!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I believe the Qualcomm chipset that governs LTE + phone calls can go bad. It did in mine. 

Try this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cXSdLa1TjI

If you can't make or receive phone calls, and it goes straight to voice mail, try the things I talk about in this video. This phone is a Sony Xperia Z5. I've tried Sony support, T-Mobile support, searched forums, nothing helped. Figured out an interesting trick to make my phone... a phone again.