account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Software updated failed

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Software updated failed

I have given.my phone to the authilorised service centre in Bangalore for updating software. 

It was okay for a week but now I am not able to access my contacts.it says ' sorry, contacts not working'

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Software updated failed

@Gentlegiant

Try again in >>> safe mode and report back. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

@Gentlegiant wrote:

I have given.my phone to the authilorised service centre in Bangalore for updating software. 

It was okay for a week but now I am not able to access my contacts.it says ' sorry, contacts not working'

@Gentlegiant wrote:

Try to clear caches of Contacts app. The same was with messaging app for me after i updated to Marshmallow, clearing helped to me Slightly smiling Face

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

The previous updated when "messaging app error" didn't work when I clear cached. Just keep showing error. I just tried to repair with Xperia Companion (don't forget to back up your data) and just worked fine.

I guess every time Xperia Software get update still have a bugs. Last time got error on messaging app, now on contact!! I haven't update the new one, I just stick to software version 29.2.B.0.166