account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

SMS Application is not working

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

SMS Application is not working

Hi everyone,

I have a Sony Xperia C5 Ultra. Yesterday I updated my phone to 29.2.A.0.166 from PC. After than my sms application is not working. I cant give or take any SMS's from anywhere. 

Did somebody experience this thing? Can we solve problem? 

By the way I textted to help desk if some answer from there, i will updating here.

Thanks

Update on 05.02.2018: I repaired my phone with Xperia Companion and problem was solved. Thanks for everyone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Learner
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Re: SMS Application is not working (edited)

I am also having the same problem, new system update (ı dont dont why it is published) needs to be corrected immediately or someone from the sony needs to direct us.

Update: I have solved my problem with software repair on Xperia Companion. Slightly smiling Face

8 REPLIES 8
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: SMS Application is not working

try to grant permission on the sms app

settings>app>app permissions

and or

try to clear data of sms app, settings>apps>messages>clear data

make sure your network settings are set correctly

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
One time poster
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Hello!
I have the same problem after update and nothing helps. 
I tried to restore the firmware, but the problem persisted.
Please, help!

Sorry for my english)

Highlighted
Learner
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

tried this, the problem persisted Slightly frowning Face been trying to solve this the whole day, no luck so far. any help is appreciated!
Learner
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

I am also having the same problem, new system update (ı dont dont why it is published) needs to be corrected immediately or someone from the sony needs to direct us.

Update: I have solved my problem with software repair on Xperia Companion. Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

I got mine solved after 5 resets altogether. SMS is now working, but all previous texts gone. 

One time poster
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

I have the same problem too after the update. I cannot send or receive any text messages 😕

Visitor
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Hi my friend,

I tried this solution but it was'nt solve problem. I tried repair my phone with Xperia Companion, and it works.

Thanks for your time.

One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Dear Sir, last 15 days default sms not working in my mobile.