account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

No support for Adoptable storage in Marshmallow?

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

No support for Adoptable storage in Marshmallow?

Why the update of c5 ultra marshmallow has no features of making the sd card as internal memory? Thats what ive been waiting for the update.

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: No support for Adoptable storage in Marshmallow?

Hi @Lanzab,

This feature, adoptable storage, was removed in Android 6.0 because it impacted software encoding and quality.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Re: No support for Adoptable storage in Marshmallow?

This has been discussed numerous times. Please use the search bar above for the discussion.  Most other oems have not activated this feature. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

moving apps to sd card or adoptable storage

after upgrading to Marshmallow the apps installed on internal memory are not movable to sd card, so whats the use of upgrading to marshmallow, Now there is no such option to go back to previous version as my internal memory is not sufficent. As every one even your product development team know that 16gb is not sufficient and the people looks for moving to sd card some of the applications which are supported but you miss that option. So know there is no such option for sony, so whats the use? 

On the next update you(sony) should fix this using the external storage as adoptable storage

Highlighted
E0x
One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Sony C5 ultra android 6.0 sd as internal memory and memory app update error

Hello , i go last nigh a update that i was waiting for the 6.0 update , but i can't see how i can make my sd as internal memory , my sd card is a transcend 300x of 32GB but the option to make it part of the internal memory is not found other problem is i have a memory app update that keep getting error and don't get installed

Emperor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Re: Sony C5 ultra android 6.0 sd as internal memory and memory app update error

@E0x

you can not use the SD card as internal storage nor as default memory, you can, however, move apps to the SD card. 

As for the error, which memory app are you referring to? could you post a screenshot?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)