account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Network unlock

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Network unlock

My phone is Locked to EE network but I want to put my sky sim card in can u help me with the unlock code?? Many thanks steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Re: Network unlock

Hi @Steve123abc, welcome to our forum!

We do not have any software that you can use to remove the network lock from your device, you will need to get a code from your service provider (operator) to remove this lock from the device as @uliwooly wrote. The software that we offer for our devices is called Xperia Companion and is mostly used for creating and restoring backups, updating the device and/or repairing the software. 

Make sure that you use the correct code as you only have 5 attempts to unlock the network lock on your device.

I hope that helps!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

@Steve123abc

There's only 2 ways to get the code, either 

1 contact EE and request the code 

or 

2 buy it online

Sony doesn't have this codes. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thank you, is there no way I could download software to manage my phone from Sony?, as resuching this issue to deal with an old Motorola v3 I need to unlock as well came across Mototool6.2 but it had red righting saying it's illegal to download software ( as Im unsure about the legality of it all I dident download and still have an locked v3, so that's what git me thinking and asking Sony and people that know. Cheers for responding 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Steve123abc, welcome to our forum!

We do not have any software that you can use to remove the network lock from your device, you will need to get a code from your service provider (operator) to remove this lock from the device as @uliwooly wrote. The software that we offer for our devices is called Xperia Companion and is mostly used for creating and restoring backups, updating the device and/or repairing the software. 

Make sure that you use the correct code as you only have 5 attempts to unlock the network lock on your device.

I hope that helps!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hi,  I had the same issue with needing an old phone unlocking (Sony Xperia T)- I contacted EE and they gave me the code to use, tried the code and it didn't work.  They then said they had to contact Sony to get the code checked,  they have sent me another code, but now I have a 0 next to network and so they told me I has to contact Sony to get this reset - can you help? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Bexs, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

The process for this may differ between markets and since this is a Global user based forum, my recommendation is that you get in touch with your Local support team as they are the experts on your market and are very well informed on how these routines work in your market and will be able to provide you with a more detailed answer than I can.

I hope that answers your question!