account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

My phone is mum!

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

My phone is mum!

Suddenly today my Sony ultra C5 went dumb .. i.e. no sound coming from it... Even while playing games or calls or playing videos.. no sound is coming ... It's completely silent..I tried a lot but still it's silent.. Plz help..!

2 REPLIES 2
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: My phone is mum!

Hi @SnehaBinu, I'm sorry to hear this. Slightly frowning Face

I recommend that you test the loud- and ear speaker in Diagnostics. This would help us determine if this appears to be hardware or software related.

You can find Diagnostics in Settings > About phone. In Diagnostics you then tap on Tests and run the tests for the different speakers.

Let me know how it turned out once you've been able to test this.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: My phone is mum!

@SnehaBinu wrote:

Suddenly today my Sony ultra C5 went dumb .. i.e. no sound coming from it... Even while playing games or calls or playing videos.. no sound is coming ... It's completely silent..I tried a lot but still it's silent.. Plz help..!

I just want to supplement little Christofer, in my Xperia C5 Ultra Dual when i had Lolipop 5.1 diagnostic app did not detected sound, but everything was fine with soundspeakers and ect., so diagnostic app didn't showed 100% trust results for me, so don't reject possibilities just to repair yours smartphone with Xperia Companion, if will not helps repair bring yours smartphone to authorized service in your location for professional diagnostic where will be test yours smartphone with professional technique Slightly smiling Face